Archive for June, 2014
And should we be drinking Fluoridated water?
This natural element is making us fat, tired, bloated and more…
The natural element I’m talking about is Fluoride. The problem is that it’s now present in water at higher than natural background levels. That is because in many city’s fluoride is added to the water to improve teeth health, whether it’s effective at that or not is still arguable, becaue the mechanism for action is topical, meaning the fluride has to come into contact with the tooth substance in order to
BePure has been on the market 4 years and everyday I am blown away by the feedback and results people get from it. And now I am very excited to announce the NEW and IMPROVED formula of BePure ONE. You get an extra 25% more capsules plus important added nutrients at no extra cost!
As part of my continuous commitment and quest to have the best quality, all-in-ONE muli-vitamin, multi-mineral, antioxidant, super-food supplement available on the market, at the best price; I have gone to extra lengths to get added beneficial nutrients included to BePure ONE. I can’t tell you how pleased I am that the new formula is here and what this means for your health.
What I added to make New Zealand’s best Multivitamin supplement even better and more powerful?
RESVERATROL – For healthy aging
Resveratrol is a potent antioxidant which has been shown to reduce the effects of aging, it’s also helps normalize your anti-inflammatory response.
Animal studies have shown that resveratrol helped overweight mice run farther and live about 20 percent longer. It has even been found to increase the lifespan of human cells. (1)
Resveratrol is unique among antioxidants because it can cross the blood-brain barrier to help protect your brain and nervous system, and studies show benefits include:
- Protecting cells from inflammation and free radical damage
- Lowering blood pressure
- Heart health and improving elasticity in your blood vessels
- Helping to prevent Alzheimer’s disease. (1)
Alpha Lipoic Acid – For brain function.
Another potent antioxidant which your body uses to regenerate other antioxidants. ALA can pass easily into the brain, it can protect the brain and nervous tissue helping maintain optimal brain function.
Alpha-lipoic acid is one of the most powerful antioxidants because it is both fat and water soluble so has the ability to work all over the body. Uniquely it can also recycle other antioxidants such as vitamins C, E, and glutathione.So, when your body has used up these antioxidants, if there’s ALA around, it helps regenerate them for more use in the body.
- Brain Function and Stroke Because alpha-lipoic acid can pass easily into the brain, it can help protect the brain and nerve tissue. Research shows high ALA supplementation helped to mend damage done by strokes and slow the process of Alzheimer’s and dementia. (2)
- Enhances insulin sensitivity People with diabetes do much better when with Alpha Lipoic Acid. Especially those with painful nerve conditions.
- A great modifier of gene expression to reduce inflammation
- A very potent heavy metal chelate
- Support Healthy skin. (3)
Broccoli Sprout extract is the best source of Diindolymethane (DIM), The main reason I put DIM in BePure ONE is to up regulate the second phase of the liver to help detoxify excess estrogens from the body.
- Reducing estrogen dominance Women and men produce and need estrogen, however, a huge number (of both men and women) are increasingly estrogen dominant (too much estrogen accumulating in the body). This is largely due to estrogen like chemicals, food additives, stress, nutritional deficiencies, poor liver function, high alcohol consumption and low thyroid (4,5). How the body breaks down estrogen and gets rid of excess estrogen is vital for good health. Increasing the amount of DIM you get is one of the best ways to help you effectively excreting unwanted estrogen and get a better balance of natural estrogens in your body.
- Cancer prevention Due to DIM’s role in supporting detoxification of unwanted estrogen, the research for it’s use in cancer prevention is growing. Cancers particularly influenced by excessive estrogen levels, are breast, uterine and prostate (4). Clinical trials by the National Cancer Institute show how well DIM works compared to placebo in treating patients with breast cancer. (6)
- Increasing the body’s natural ability to burn fat DIM promotes weight loss by encouraging healthy levels of the hormones that activate enzymes to stimulate lipolysis – the release of stored fat. (5)
- Inflammation DIM supports the reduction of generalized inflammation by minimizing the activity of inflammatory enzymes and acting as an antioxidant. (5)
MSM is a biologically active sulfur donor that helps ease joint pain, improve liver function and general health.
- Improves joints and joint pain MSM is an essential building block for health joints. It delivers sulfur to the body in a useable way and the sulfur helps maintain the structure of connective tissue and cartilage.
- MSM’s also helps with the elimination of waste products – for example lactic acid removal from the body. This therefore improves aches and pains
- Detoxifying MSM makes the cells more permeable, meaning that toxins and metabolic waste products get moved out of cells more efficiently while allowing essential nutrients and hydration to move in, therefore helping the load on the liver.
- Improves skin, hair and nails MSM works with Vitamin C in the production of collagen and keratin which builds health tissues improving sagging, wrinkled, dry and cracked skin.
- Naturally Increases Energy Increased cell permeability decreases the amount of energy needed to eliminate toxins and absorb nutrients. This energy is then redistributed towards other jobs in the body such as healing.
- Allergies/ asthma Unlike medication antihistamines that intervene to inhibit histamine production, MSM prevents the histamine from creating swelling, inflammation and fluids in the nasal passages. MSM has a high response rate among asthma sufferers and is said to eliminate asthma completely in 60 to 70% of asthmatics. Full results could take 3-6 months because this is primarily a healing effect rather than just symptom suppression. (7)
- According to an article in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, 55 adults took 2,600 (mg/day) of MSM for 30 days for the treatment of Seasonal Hay Fever (Allergic Rhinitis). The results were impressive. At day seven “Total respiratory symptoms were reduced significantly,” and it was further reported that “Energy levels increased significantly by day 14…this increase continued through day 30.”
Maca is a superfood ‘adaptogen’ which helps balance hormones by mimicking the hormones that are required by the body. (An adaptogen can be defined as a natural substance that is non-toxic, produces an adaptive response to stress, and improves homeostasis in the body). (8)
- Energy Traditionally this superfood was used by the ancient Peruvians to increase energy and endurance. This tradition is making a resurgence in Peru and throughout the world as people realize it’s powerful energizing qualities (9)
- Increasing libido Numerous studies have proven one of the benefits of maca root is it increases libido in both men and women. In one study of 9 men it was shown consumption of the root increased sexual desire by 180% and increased the number and mobility of sperm (9)
- Anti-stress and anti-anxiety Maca helps the body to remove stress hormone imbalance, making it beneficial support especially during times of stress.
Natural Glycerin capsule and glycinate chelated minerals
- For energy and detoxification The BePure One capsule is made out of natural glycerin. This is because glycerin is an amino acid heavily used by the liver for detoxification and in the modern world most people are not getting enough (pigs ears are one of the best sources!).
Vitamin K2 – For healthy bones and arteries
(Vitamin K2 is so important I wrote a separate blog on it – Click here to read more..)
IMPORTANT NOTE – BePure ONE now contains 80mcg of Vitamin K2. Extreme caution should be taken when taking Vitamin K2 with blood thinners such as warfarin.
(1) Mercola, (2009) The Secrets of Resveratrol’s Health Benefits. Retrieved from: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/08/18/the-secrets-of-resveratrols-health-benefits.aspx
(2) Norek, D. (2010). Learn about the health benefits of Alpha Lipoic Acid. Retreived from: http://www.naturalnews.com/029369_Alpha_Lipoic_Acid_benefits.html#ixzz2x720Z29o
(3) Dr. Mercola (2009). Alpha Lipoic Acid: This Antioxidant Can Smash Insulin Resistance and Autoimmune Disease. Retried from: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/16/this-antioxidant-can-smash-insulin-resistance-and-autoimmune-disease.aspx
(4) (2013) A super supplement for hormone balance : DIM . Retrieved from: http://blog.healthybynaturehwc.com/2013/08/06/a-super-supplement-for-hormone-balance-dim/
(5) ‘DIM promotes healthy estrogen metabolism in men and women’. Retrieved from: http://www.restorehc.com/healthnews/blogpost/dim-promotes-healthy-estrogen-metabolism-women-and-men
(6) (2014)‘Diindolylmethane in Treating Patients With Breast Cancer’ Retrieved from: http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/search/view?cdrid=703752&version=HealthProfessional
(7) Dr. Webster ‘Asthma- Natural Treatments for Conquering this Preventable and Reversible Disease. Retrieved from: http://www.completehealthdallas.com/AsthmaNaturalTreatmentDallas.html
(8) Wolfe, David. Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future. pg. 288. Retrieved from: http://www.integral-health-guide.com/maca-root-powder/
(9) Anderson (2009). ‘Benefits of Maca Root Powder’ – Nature’s Viagra’. Retrieved from: http://www.integral-health-guide.com/maca-root-powder/
Coory, D. (2013). Stay Healthy by supplying what’s lacking in your diet. Tauranga: Health House